The beetroots are a beneficial root vegetable. The beetroot can be taken as supplement because it has various health benefits. The beet supplements come in different forms like beet powder, liquid, capsule etc. The powders are the extract of the dehydrated beet. You can mix it with water or juice to get all the nutrients that are present in the beetroot.
Always choose best beet powder, as it is easy to make and taste better. Beetroot is loaded with nutrients; some of them are given below.
- Magnesium – The beetroot contains 23 mg of the magnesium. It regulates all the biochemical reactions that are occurring in the body. It eases protein synthesis, nerve function, regulation of blood pressure, controls the glucose level, muscles function etc.
- Potassium – It trips your heart for pumping blood to all over the body. Therefore, the body works properly. It also helps in nerve functions and muscle movements. Potassium filters the blood in the kidney. 325 mg of potassium is present in the beetroots.
- Manganese – It promotes the healthy bones and healthy metabolism. It also helps in the processing of the proteins, cholesterol and carbohydrates. The healthy metabolism is essential for living a healthy life because poor metabolisms affect weight gain or loss, energy levels and led to improper functioning of the thyroid.
- Folate – It is a form of vitamin B9 that occurs naturally. It helps in the formation of DNA and it is also needed at the time of cell division. Lack of folate causes fatigue. So, eating beetroot is beneficial, as it provides energy by filing the requirement of the folate in the body.
- Iron- The beetroot is rich in iron. It improves the cognitive functions and circulates the oxygen all over the body. It is also helpful in treating the disease that is caused due to lack of red blood cells like anemia.